Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Monday 16 June 2014

Sunny Weekend


The brassica bed after I had taken the netting off to fertilise the veges

I had only had the netting off a minute or so and Jess hopped up into the bed
and decided it was a good spot to curl up for an afternoon catnap!

Looking forward to having fresh broccoli to eat for our meals.

The lettuce are finally starting to grow.

With all the sunny days we have been having, that means only one thing...
frosts at night.
 I am absolutely amazed none of the capsicum bushes
have been touched by jack frost!
How good is it to be still picking red capsicums in winter!?!
Okay, they may be small, but they are tasty :)

I set out to take some sunset photos yesterday evening, but left it too late.
I love these photos anyway of the fading light and the lovely soft
muted colours.




This past weekend was absolutely gorgeous. Freezing cold starts to the day but outside in the sunshine in the afternoon was perfect. I managed to get quite a bit of weeding done in the vege patch, but still so much more to do. I have set myself a goal of little bits every day and I will get there in the end. Three years of buggered shoulders and instead of letting myself get frustrated anymore, I am just going to set myself small goals to achieve each day. That way I will get there in the end!

Today is our last day of sunshine as some rain is due to come in  tomorrow, fingers crossed it does, as it is getting dry out there again. As much as the sun is nice, the rain is very nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.