Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Lemon Drizzle Cake


Yesterday morning before work I made two cakes. A chocolate one for school lunches and a lemon drizzle cake. I haven't made one of these cakes before, and oh my goodness it was so lemon-y and so good.
I found the recipe here.



Once I arrived home from work, I walked straight in the door and put the kettle on and sliced a piece of lemon deliciousness and savoured every mouthful. Will most definitely be making this again soon, with the abundance of lemons from Mum's tree and eggs from my chooks it is sure to be made again. I had thought about trying to make it gluten free as well for when Megan is home on the weekend, but I have just found out she has to stay at school this weekend for farm duty. Nevermind I have a friend who also has to eat gluten free and is having a tough time of it lately.Think I will make her one to share over a cuppa. Yep that sounds like a good idea. A cuppa and slice of cake shared always help.

Okay, I guess I had better get off here and get myself ready for work. Don't won't to go outside, brrr it's cold out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.