Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Monday 24 June 2013

The Moon





Previously I have tried to take some photos of the moon and never been very successful. I usually end up with two moons, somehow I get a reflection of the moon in each photo.

With last night being the Supermoon, I thought I would have another attempt. I went outside about 6pm and tried using different settings on my camera. This time a bit more success. Although the moon kept disappearing behind the clouds every so often. Still not the best photos, but certainly better than previous attempts.

I didn't really know much about a Supermoon but apparently it is when a full moon occurs and it is at it's closest point to Earth. Last night is as close to Earth as it will be for this year. Apparently Supermoons appear about 14 per cent larger and about 30 per cent brighter than usual full moons. To me it didn't really seem much larger, but did appear to be considerably brighter.

Well ended up with very little rain yesterday and today is just plain cold. A good day to be inside making soup and doing some baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.