Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Friday 16 May 2014

The Vegie Garden In Mid May


Love the seed heads on the chive plants

The brassica bed is planted out

Looking forward to lots of tasty kale to eat

Grow little lettuce grow!

We are still eating capsicums from the garden, some red ones too!

Just waiting for the beetroot seedlings to grow a bit bigger before planting out :)

All of the snow peas are looking very unhealthy, they all have this
black spot/mildew/fungus? thing on them. Does anyone know what
it is and can I get rid of it or should I just pull the plants out and
start again? Have never had this problem before and I don't want
it spreading to any other plants in the garden.

Finally one of our new girls, Laverne says hi :)

Once again I have been absent from here for awhile, I didn't mean to, I suppose I didn't really think I had anything worth posting. The thing is I really miss not being here. Time to get some priorities straight! Took some more photos from around the garden this morning, so will be back in a couple of days to post those. Right now I am off to get myself cleaned up as a friend has invited me around for lunch. Not long until the weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, look forward to more posts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon, and yes I hope to post a bit more often :)

      Delete
  2. I have the same problem on one lot of my peas Sharon, and I am still looking for a solution. I will let you know if I find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, I think over the weekend I might just pull them out as there is a bit more space in another bed in the vegie garden and plant a new lot of seeds. Will still do a bit of research to see if I can find an answer too and if I do will let you know as well :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.