Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Monday 29 September 2014

Bees and weeds

Weeding. Seems to be about the only thing I do out in the garden these days. Have just come inside for a bit after spending a couple of hours out there. I close my eyes and all I see is weeds!



At least the bees are happy out in the garden, they don't seem to mind whether the flowers they visit are from an actual plant or from the many million trillion weeds that are growing so prolifically. Wish the garden would grow with such abundance :)

The first rose of the season
'Whiskey'

Hoping Mum's comfrey plant keeps growing and then I may be able to have a small piece to plant out, I have read that it is a very good compost activator.

The crustless broccoli, feta and sundried tomato quiche I made, tasted really good will have to make another one. Still have so many eggs. Might have to make a pavlova too!

Enough sitting down I guess, time to go back outside and pull some more weeds out. Also have a couple of small plants and some seedlings to get in the ground. Found a nice healthy tomato plant that had self-seeded in the gravel path in the vege garden so will go and transplant it into one of the garden beds. Really should be doing some work inside, but I think that can wait a bit longer, the garden wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.