Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Wednesday 25 February 2015

A week away

Eglantine, a pretty David Austin rose.

Magpie who shared the crusts off my toast some mornings.

Last week was spent in the city with eldest teen as it was her orientation week for uni. I ended up having to go with her for the week as on the Monday when she started she wasn't yet 18. The uni rule is they are not allowed to stay in the accommodation until they have turned eighteen. After trying to find somewhere to stay and not finding anything that fit the budget, I was really starting to worry about what we would do. Mum and Dad very kindly came to our rescue and offered their caravan. I had fun staying in the caravan but not sure eldest teen enjoyed it quite as much!
It brought back many memories from my early twenties when I lived in a caravan up north with my then husband for his work.


It mostly was a relaxing break for me, I would drop eldest teen off at uni in the morning and then go and pick her up later, I had her car for driving myself around.


One of the places I visited was the beach. This is my childhood beach, we spent lots of fun times down here when we were children. I remember having a picnic tea down on the grassy foreshore of the beach many a time on really hot summer nights.


I spent quite awhile watching all the dogs and their owners having fun on the dog beach. I got a little teary at one stage when two beautiful golden retrievers arrived for a swim. I have been missing my beautiful boy BJ so much and seeing them having so much fun was good but sad too, just made me miss my boy even more.

A pretty flower I saw in the sand dunes.

Saw lots of different kinds of birds.


We arrived back home on the Friday evening and it just seems to have been go go go since then. Eldest teen turned 18 on Sunday and is now halfway through her second week at uni.

I have been playing around with our new computer trying to work out what I am doing, going to take a bit of getting used to I think! I am struggling with a very sore hand this week as I had a skin cancer removed on Monday. It was right where your wrist and hand join and right on top of a vein. I have had skin cancers removed before and only experienced mild discomfort the first day or so but this is very different, thinking I may need to go back and get it looked at.

Think I had better get off here as there is thunder rumbling around out there and the sky is getting very dark. Time to go feed the chooks and fingers crossed we get some rain out of this we desperately need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.