Pages

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. ~ Alfred Austin

Sunday 4 August 2013

Signs of Spring

We are in the last month of winter and already there are plenty of signs that spring is on the way.

It is so good to finally have some daffodils in my garden again. Years ago when I very first started gardening, I think daffodils were one of the first things I planted. I bought these bulbs when we were in Albany at Easter time, and they seemed to take forever to poke through the soil. I have eagerly been watching them unfurl all week. Makes me happy to see the bright and cheery daffodil once again flowering in my garden.

Primula

The peach and nectarine trees are full of blossom.
Can't wait until we are picking the fruit from
these trees in early summer.

Stocks are another old favourite that I used to grow in the garden years ago.
Once again I have eagerly been watching the buds waiting for them to open.
Only to be a bit disappointed that they were singles and not the
perfumed doubles.
Oh well, they are still another lovely flower to have in the garden.
It is a gorgeous day outside, had better go make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Birds In The Bush, I love reading your comments.